- Ask questions about objects, organisms, and events in the environment.
- Talk about Why? and What would happen if…?
- Make predictions based on observed patterns.
- Name and use simple science equipment and tools (e.g. rulers, meter sticks, thermometers, hand lenses, balances) to gather data and extend the senses.
- Record observations and data with pictures, numbers and written statements.
- Discuss observations with others.
First/second grade science units of study include…
- Plants and Animals
- Earth’s Materials